Re: Testing gallery function

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Testing gallery function
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 02:08:33 +0100

On 19 June 2014 17:38, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> 6/19/14
>
> Octave is not generating the correct matrix for gallery ('triw').  It is
> always all zeros.  I think it is as simple as swapping triu for tril in the
> function, but I need confirmation.  Could someone run this test code under
> Matlab?
>
> x = gallery ('triw', 5, 3, 2)

The majority of the matrices in gallery(), triw included, were taken
from the Test Matrix toolbox[1] which if I understood correctly were
also the source for Matlab's gallery() function. If it's not working,
it's probably because I messed it up when adjusting it for Octave but
you may want to double check the original code.

Carne

[1] http://www.ma.man.ac.uk/~higham/mctoolbox/toolbox.zip