Re: demo scripts for plots

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: demo scripts for plots
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:30:41 -0400

On 06/24/2014 04:08 PM, Rik wrote:

I don't see any reason to change our script files, like sombrero, to match
Matlab.

But I don't object to having the plot %!demo blocks in Matlab format.  This
has already been done for the demo blocks in the plot directory
specifically to make use of the compare_plots routine.  line.m is a good
example in that the %!demo block uses single quotes, but the %!test block
uses double quotes because it is Octave-only.  If we are really bothered by
this we could recode the demo blocks using Octave conventions and then run
oct2mat on the demo blocks when generating the compare plots script.

It's OK with me to change the plot demo blocks. I had forgotten that the existing plot demo blocks were mostly Matlab compatible already.

I suspect this issue will come up again as people forget that these demos are also supposed to run in Matlab.

I would also prefer to not change the Octave functions or the tests.