GUI workspace variable updating

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: GUI workspace variable updating
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:42:44 +0100

Dear list,

I know this has been discussed already, but, in the development sources (default branch, not gui, so apologies if it's not like this in the gui-release branch) I notice the workspace variables update while a calculation is running. Personally I see no need for this, especially in light of the performance issues discussed recently.

As a GUI user I would expect variables to be available/editable under the following circumstances:

1. In the workspace when not running a calculation
2. When debugging

I don't see any reason to update or make accessible these at other times. They usually change too fast to look at them anyway.

Regards,
Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.