Re: revive compare_plot_demos

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: revive compare_plot_demos
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 14:37:32 +0200

Am 24.06.2014 18:07, schrieb Rik:
> On 06/24/2014 08:58 AM, Andreas Weber wrote:

>>> opps. You are correct.  I've done some "house-keeping" since I used these
>>> scripts last and can't locate the most recent versions (maybe I deleted
>>> them?).  However, I've attached the most recent version which remains on my
>>> computer (as a changeset).
>> Thank you Ben.
>> Is it okay if I apply your changeset to default and start from there?
>> Remove deprecated functions, adapt to new scripts/plot/ structure and so
>> on? I've also access to Matlab R2014a so I can make a compare run after
>> fixing the scripts.
>> -- Andy
>>

> I'm not Ben, but this seems like a good idea.
>
> Perhaps some of the functions should also be put in a private/ directory of
> testfun if they don't really need to be exposed to users of run-octave?
> --Rik

I made an import of Bens changeset, updated dump_demos to match the
current structure, made an update of the demo blocks so they can be run
with ML and moved the scripts to scripts/testfun/private as suggested.

@Jordi:
Do you really think it's a problem to run the generated dump.m in Matlab
and compare the results? I'm not a lawyer so it's difficult for me to
interpret the EULA. I think it's common practise on the mailing list
that someone asks to run something in ML and post the result.

Should I ask someone else with access to ML to run the scripts for me
and give me the results?

--Andy