Re: package .info documentation and GUI

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: package .info documentation and GUI
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:28:50 +0200

The patch

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8491

handles package documentation for textmode. Please see text in the link.

I probably can't further than stated cope with the issue of compression,
even Octaves core info is just installed uncompressed by its
scripts. Installation, deinstallation, binary packages are tested to
some degree.

Found that interfacing to the GUI info viewer would be more difficult
than I hoped, so this is not implemented. I tried with interface
changes, propagating filename and node-name down to
libgui/src/qtinfo/webinfo.cc, and made webinfo::load_ref call
set_info_path(), but id didn't help. Didn't further dig in, but there
seems to be some node map which isn't changed by set_info_path(), and
also there seems to be a map of already opened nodes (?) which seems to
assume that there can be only one root info document, which is never
changed (?). I'd be glad if someone of the GUI people could either take
over this part, or give me a hint how the configured info document can
be effectively changed there.

Olaf