Re: Visual comparison of plot files

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Visual comparison of plot files
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 10:52:08 +0200

On 30.06.2014 19:51, Rik wrote:

>> * gnuplot + ftlk: fill_01_1, fill_02_1:
>>   hidden edges keep visible in matlab, not with fltk or gnuplot
>
> Are they visible on screen?  Matlab also uses gl2ps, I think, to print
> things and there are some differences between what is rendered on-screen
> and what is rendered in the png file.  If I run demo ('fill', 1) in FLTK
> then the on-screen image shows the hidden edge.  It is only the printed
> version that differs.

No, in ML they are invisible on screen. When printing to PNG or JPEG the
hidden line becomes visible, when printing to ps it invisible (same
output like on-screen and gnuplot+fltk).

Btw, you mentioned gl2ps: As you know we can print with fltk without a
mapped window https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33180 and as I read from
the comments this is due to gl2ps which needs a mapped window in order
to print. If ML also uses gl2ps, how are they able to print without
window or display when started with -nodisplay?

-- Andy