Re: Revised compare plot functions

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Revised compare plot functions
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 00:52:33 +0200

Am 04.07.2014 23:39, schrieb Rik:
> I revised two of the compare plot functions fairly extensively
> (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b8934a57e13e).  We are now
> running a primitive version of oct2mat within the scripts so I think we can
> start coding the demos in the plot directory in ordinary Octave syntax
> (endif, double quotes, etc.).

Great, thank you Rik.
I also made some changes (not pushed yet but the website is updated) to
generate a file with error message in catch (for example
http://tech-chat.de/compare_plot_demos/gnuplot/pie3_01.err) and include
it in the HTML page.

Should we include other folders which have demo block and create
graphical output to the comparison? For example "polynomial", "sparse",
"geometry", "linear-algebra", "image", "general"

The generated page now has >900 images and I think we should split the
page. Any suggestions? We can have an option which breaks the page after
n images (alphabetical ordered) or should we group directories
"plot/appearance", "plot/draw", "plot/util" per page?

-- Andy