Re: Is it worth switching to CMake?

From: PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
Subject: Re: Is it worth switching to CMake?
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 22:37:53 +0530

> I know Windows users much prefer a "native" MSVC solution file , and
> Mac OS X users much prefer to write their own Xcode project files.
> There are many complaints with the auto-generated versions of these
> with CMake.

Exactly. I expected that the native IDE solution files make people
happier. But it should not be a big problem as developers are going to
build Octave.

> I understand that people find autotools horrifying. Sometimes I do
> too. The problem, however, isn't autotools but the task itself:
> building is horrifying. Every build system brings its own set of
> horrors with it. CMake is no exception.

Agreed.

Based on the feedback it looks like there is no use in switching to
cmake. Thanks for taking the time to provide your valuable comments
Jordi, Mike.

Thanks and Regards,
PrasannaKumar