Re: Compilation fails at dev version when building docs

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Compilation fails at dev version when building docs
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 08:51:50 -0700

On 07/07/2014 07:50 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject:
Compilation fails at dev version when building docs.
From:
Eduardo <address@hidden>
Date:
07/07/2014 07:50 AM
To:
Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
Message:
5

Hi all,

I am trying to compile Octave in my new laptop running Linux Mint 17 Qiana (Ubuntu 14.04, Trusty Tahr) and I am getting an error when building docs. It is something related to texinfo failing, I think, but I do not know much about the topic. Attached is the output I am getting. At line 103 the make script stalls and I have to press ENTER to continue, then fails.

Any idea?

Eduardo

Eduardo,

It looks like you might not have a full Texinfo environment.  You might try 'apt-get build-dep octave' to install all the dependencies that Mint/Ubuntu thinks you need to build from source.  If that doesn't work then you may need to look at what texinfo/texlive packages are available for install.  It seems to be complaining only about tex commands related to eps figures.

--Rik