Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 19:32:25 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Sebald wrote
>          if (!rep)
>          {
>            fprintf(stdout, "NULL POINTER!  RETURNING.\n");
>            return;
>          }
>          fprintf(stdout, "Pointer OK.\n");

I modified the code as you proposed. If I have the line

fprintf(stdout, "Pointer OK.\n");

in the code, I get a bunch of "Pointer OK" lines showing up in the cmd
window. Unfortunately I get too many lines to quickly to see anything else.
I certainly don't see the Segfault error.

So I though let's just remove the line

fprintf(stdout, "Pointer OK.\n");

With that single change, I don't see any lines
NULL POINTER!  RETURNING
and the segfault message reappears.

I am not sure what is happening.
Ian