Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:43:45 -0500

On 07/10/2014 07:47 AM, ijourneaux wrote:
Since I am not getting an indication of a SegFault when running the line
below in array.h

fprintf(stdout, "Pointer OK.\n");

my thought is that compiler optimization may be causing the issue.

Can't rule it out without more testing, but it's not likely. Poor optimization would show up in many places. Segfaults and corrupted memory bugs are very deceptive sometimes. Because of the delayed manner in which Octave object memory is freed, it seems the problem isn't materializing until well after the source of the problem.

I think Carnë's theory is closer to the source right now, given that imformats() alone creates the same segfault. However, I'll follow up with another post.

Dan