Question on default and gui-release branches

From: Torsten
Subject: Question on default and gui-release branches
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 11:31:21 +0200

I wanted to apply Pantxo's patch (based on the default branch) for bug
#41217 to the gui-relase branch because it affects the shortcut manager
for the gui. Applying the patch failed due to the maint changeset
6113e0c6920b (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/6113e0c6920b)
in the default branch.

Of course Pantxo's patch can be merged into gui-release but I am
wondering whether it is in general necessary/helpful to merge changesets
from the default branch back into the gui branch if these changesets
affect files with ongoing work for the gui release  (like cset
6113e0c6920b)?

Torsten