Re: Creating a base class for dbleCHOL, floatCHOL etc

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Creating a base class for dbleCHOL, floatCHOL etc
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:43:28 -0400

On Sun, 2014-07-13 at 18:09 +0530, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:
> Before changing the code I wanted to know if there was any reason
> for doing things in the current way. I think there must be some
> reason.

The reason is that copy-pasting code is easier and faster than writing
abstractions that avoid code duplication. And "working" is better than
"perfect".

I'm all in favour of doing the extra work that removes code
duplication. If you're in the mood to do this, there are many, *many*
places in the Octave code where it can be done.

- Jordi G. H.