Re: quad will be removed in a future release of MATLAB

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: quad will be removed in a future release of MATLAB
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:56:34 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Rik <address@hidden>
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>
>Cc: address@hidden
>Date: 2014/7/15, Tue 00:24
>Subject: Re: quad will be removed in a future release of MATLAB
>

>On 07/14/2014 03:44 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>
>Subject:  quad will be removed in a future release of MATLAB
>>From:  Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>
>>Date:  07/14/2014 12:43 AM
>>To:  "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>>Message:  4
>>
>>This is information. I found that the description for quad in MATLAB online
>>help http://www.mathworks.co.jp/jp/help/matlab/ref/quad.html?lang=en quad
>>will be removed in a future release. Use integral instead. MATLAB ingegral:
>>http://www.mathworks.co.jp/jp/help/matlab/ref/integral.html?lang=en Regards
>>Tatsuro
This is a known change.  Matlab isn't doing away with the functionality, just
renaming the function from quad to integral1.  Most people aren't familiar with
the name numerical quadrature for integration so the quad naming convention
(quad, dblquad, triplequad) hasn't been particularly helpful.

>See the Savannah bug report
    (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=42037).  This has
also been entered as an easy project on the Octave Wiki
(http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects).

>--Rik

Thank you for the explanations.

Tatsuro