Re: New package

From: gumlym
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 02:19:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again,

Ok, Ive been trying but still doesnt work. First Im going to describe what I
did before trying to do the package, so that youll be able to understand
better what im attempting.

Before, I had just programmed some functions in c, compiled in myLibrary.dll
and myLibrary.lib. Then all I did was

mkoctfile myccFile.cc myLibrary.lib
autoload("func1","myccFile.oct")
autoload("func2","myccFile.oct"),
etc.

And that works, if I then call from octave func1(), it does what its
supposed to. Im trying to accomplish the same thing, but with a package.

In the /src folder I have now the myccFile.cc (and all the .h and so on that
it needs). And the library file. The makefile just does:
  all:
    mkoctfile myccFile.cc myLibrary.lib

In the main directory I have a PKG_ADD file with autoloads like this:
autoload("func1",fullfile (fileparts (mfilename ("fullpath")),
"myccFile.oct"))

Several weird things happen: One is that even though pkg install mypackage
doesnt return any errors, if I write func1, it doesnt find it. But if I
manually do autoload("func1", "full path to package oct installed in
octave") it does finde the function, but then it cant find the dll. So my
guess is that the first mistake im making has to do with the PKG_ADD, and
then with the library.

And this brings me to another question. Should I put the myLibrary.dll and
myLibrary.lib files in the /bin directory? So that they will be
automatically copied to the exec path. Or should I keep them in the /src
directory, and then have them copied over to octave with a FILES file. I
have tried both things (and none ultimately work) and they copy the files
but to different locations.