[MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis /, scons

From: John Donoghue
Subject: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis /, scons
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:35:29 -0400

On 07/15/2014 10:36 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: PhilipNienhuis<address@hidden>
To:address@hidden
Subject: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis /
        scons

>     John W. Eaton wrote
>     On 07/15/2014 01:14 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>     > Is 64-bit indexing possible right away with current mxe-octave?
>
>     It should be.  Have you tried configuring mxe-octave with --enable-64?
>     You'll need to start fresh so that you build a 64-bit GCC and all
>     dependencies are built with that compiler.
>
>No I haven't tried yet (I didn't know mxe-octave was already that far).
>But your message came right on time to initiate a 64-b build tonight
>before going to sleep. Starting soon after clicking "send"....
>
>Tomorrow morning I'll see how far it went. BTW I'm building on a32-b
>Linux, I hope that doesn't spoil the party...
Didn't have to wait long:-(    Build breaks at building nsis:

Failed to build package nsis!
          section *sec=g_sections+x;
                       ^
scons: *** [build/release/stub_bzip2/exec.o] Error 1

and the nsis log says (during build of scons ?), after lots of:

"warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
[-Wint-to-pointer-cast]" :

:
Source/exehead/exec.c:784:47: error: 'GWL_USERDATA' undeclared (first use in
this function)
        SetWindowLong((HWND) GetIntFromParm(0), GWL_USERDATA, (long) c);
:
:
scons: *** [build/release/stub_bzip2/exec.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build-only-nsis] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/philip/devel/octdev/mxe/mxe201407'

Philip

Thats a known issue with nsis in mxe-octave, mentioned in the index.html.
It also doesnt work with mxe unless you have built the 32 bit compiler.

GWL_USERDATA is a win32 define, which needs to change to GWLP_USERDATA and use SetWindowLongPtr instead of SetWindowLong.
There are a number of other similar issues as well.

nsis is only required for the install, so building a tarball disto is still possible.