RE: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis /, scons

From: John D
Subject: RE: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis /, scons
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 15:41:36 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 5:54 AM
To: Markus; John Donoghue
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis /,
scons

Markus wrote:

<snip>

> Can anyone confirm that the mxe-build failed with the combination
> --enable-jit and --enable-64?

Sorry, only now I hit the same issue when just doing a make tar-dist.

Yes building llvm breaks here with --enable-64.

FWIW, I found that JIT doesn't work quite well in Windows.
Usually after installing an mxe (cross-) build I run __run_test_suite__.m
and it'll always make Octave crash on jit.tst.

Philip

--

See https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41061
Applying the patch from here allowed it to build for me