Re: New package

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:58:55 -0400

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 16:35 +0200, Guillermo Moliní wrote:

> Ok, Ive written them also, asking them whether I could do the
> package or not (and Ill post the answer here when I get it), but I
> really fail to see the problem, since there are so many open source
> projects that use cuda around the web.

How many of them are GPL and enforce their copyleft?

By the way, make sure that you understand that "open source" is a
synonym for free software that tried to avoid speaking of "freedom".
With a non-free CUDA, there can be no complete freedom. So if the
projects are open source but depend on a non-free CUDA, there is a
problem, even if the particular licenses of them allow using non-free
libraries.

- Jordi G. H.