cauchy.m in optim package?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: cauchy.m in optim package?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:30:20 +0200

Though I don't completely understand its algorithm, cauchy.m does not
seem to belong into the optim package for me. AFAICT it computes
derivatives (even if also those of higher order) only with respect to
a single parameter. And even the returned first derivatives vary
vastly with different values for the arguments `N' and `r', as simple
tests with sin(x) for x=0 show.

Both issues seem to make it fairly useless for optimization. If nobody
corrects me, I'd suggest to remove it from the optim package.

Olaf