Re: New package

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:03:39 -0400

On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 05:56 -0700, dkeck wrote:
> But if this strong decision wasn't made who would then be in charge of
> ratifying such *exceptions* for the GNU Octave project?

All of the copyright holders of Octave. Of which I am one. And I will
not grant this permission. You would have to convince the other
copyright holders and remove my contributions to Octave.

The purpose of Octave is to ensure that software can be free. Linking
Octave to CUDA would work against that.

Instead of trying to convince us, you should try to convince nvidia to
stop releasing such restrictive software.

- Jordi G. H.