Re: Overhaul FLTK toolkit resize/redraw functions

From: sergey plotnikov
Subject: Re: Overhaul FLTK toolkit resize/redraw functions
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:56:05 +0200

24.07.2014 19:10, Ben Abbott пишет:
On Jul 24, 2014, at 9:12 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jul 24, 2014, at 3:23 AM, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 23.07.2014 20:18, schrieb Ben Abbott:

On MacOS X, I can confirm that I'm able to print when the figure window is
minimized and I've built Octave using fltk_overhaul.diff.

However, line objects no longer print for me. For the example below, I've attached junk.pdf

figure (1)
clf ()
plot (rand(3))
print -dpdfwrite junk.pdf

Hi Ben, thanks for testing.

Do you see the lines in the plot window? Is this only when called
figure(1), clf() before plot or does this also happen when calling
plot(rand(3)) alone?

Please try:
plot(rand(3))
print -color -deps junk.eps

This bypasses "gs" and stores the ouput of gl2ps directly.

Then please try
drawnow("eps", "dummy", false, "junk2.eps")

Which does basically the same as print -color -deps but doesn't do a
resize of the canvas before drawnow which could be a reason for timing
issues.

If it's a timing issue you could add

draw ();

in OpenGL_fltk::print just before glps_renderer rend (fp, term);

For the MXE build we have a bug report #42534 "No lines when printing
plot (fltk)" which perhaps could be related.

-- Andy

The junk.eps file also has missing lines. However, junk2.eps includes the lines. Both are attached.  Adding the draw() command didn't fix the problem.

Ben

<junk.eps><junk2.eps>
Andreas,

It occurred to me that the line are likely present, but hidden. Thus, I tried ...

	graphics_toolkit fltk
	plot (rand (3))
	set (gca (), 'color', 'none')
	print -dpdfwrite junk.pdf

... and the lines are now present in junk.pdf (see attached).  Are you are able to test the MXE build to determine if this is also true for bug #42534?

Ben

Ben, Andreas,

I've tested this, since I'm able to replicate the bug. And actually Ben was right, lines are kind of hidden, but in my case, if I don't set axes color to 'none' they are hidden just partially (see junk2.pdf in attachment).

And to my understanding it might be somehow related to the sorting algorithm we are choosing in gl2ps_renderer.