Re: Edit-Grid doesn't work

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Edit-Grid doesn't work
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 00:06:05 -0700

On 07/28/2014 10:58 PM, Andreas Weber wrote:
> Am 29.07.2014 05:41, schrieb Rik:
>> On 07/28/2014 09:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>>> Re: Overhaul FLTK pan, rotate, zoom
>>> From:
>>> Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
>>> Date:
>>> 07/28/2014 06:34 AM
>>>
>>> To:
>>> Andreas Weber <address@hidden>
>>> CC:
>>> address@hidden

>>> quoted-printable
>>> Message:
>>> 1

>>> Andy,
>>>
>>> Everything works for me ... except that selecting [Edit->Grid] from the
>>> menu (i.e. no effect).  However if the axes is active, then typing "g" does
>>> toggle the grid, as does the "G" button at the bottom of the figure.
>>>
>>> Ben
>> Ben, Andreas,
>>
>> I remarked on this before as well.  You can get it to work by causing
>> the event loop to run.  For example, if you return to the command window
>> and hit <RETURN> the grid will appear.  We need to use the same solution
>> that was used for the 'g'.  In this case, I just added a drawnow ()
>> command at the end of the grid_cb function in __add_default_menu__ and
>> it works correctly.
> Hi Rik, does this still not work correctly after changeset b2db129c664d?

It still didn't work.  I used the following test code

plot (1:10)
Edit->Toggle grid on all axes

I just added a drawnow call to get it to work.  I'm attaching the diff.  If
this is the correct solution--I think it is--then the callback routine for
Autoscale also needs a drawnow() call.

--Rik