Re: Octave Forge website / third sentence on the "Home" page

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave Forge website / third sentence on the "Home" page
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:37:43 +0200

Le 09/08/2014 19:56, Carnë Draug a écrit :
When to comes to dependency on Octave versions we're actually quite diverse. I've rewrote that whole paragraph and removed reference to Octave versions. I tend to be a bit extra verbose which ends up being not very clear. If you come with something better, let me know and I can update it.

I suggest changing the current text:

"The Octave-Forge packages are a collection of modules designed to expand Octave's core functionality by providing field specific features via Octave's package system. For example, image and signal processing, fuzzy logic, instrument control, and statistics packages are examples of individual Octave-Forge packages."

to the following (shorter):

"The Octave-Forge packages expand Octave's core functionality by providing field specific features via Octave's package system.

Examples of Octave-Forge packages include : image, optim, signal, statistics... (see Packages<link!> for the full list of Octave-Forge packages)."