Re: Octave Forge website / missing icon

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave Forge website / missing icon
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:13:01 +0200

Le 11/08/2014 16:41, Carnë Draug a écrit :
On 11 August 2014 15:30, Nir Krakauer <address@hidden> wrote:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/favicon.ico shows an icon for me, but is it
the right one? Looks more like something out of the Omega project.
Yes. As I mentioned, I just copied it from the last old-website backup
(back from 2009) which had a favicon. I didn't even use Octave back
then but apparently that was the Octave forge icon [1]. I just put it
up for the sake of having something but I might as well remove it.
After all, there is really not a logo for Octave Forge.

Carnë

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20080307220953/http://octave.sourceforge.net/

This is also the icon that you get with some of the old windows binaries provided on OF.

Since OF doesn't have a logo, would it be a problem to use the Octave logo ? (Note that, on http://www.gnu.org/software/octave, the favicon is the gnu head, not the Octave logo.)

Why not start a "logo contest" in the OF community to design the future OF logo ? The sombrero seems a little bit complicated to scale nicely to a 16x16 or even 32x32 version, but what about something like the current Octave logo with an "F" inside ?