Re: Octave-Forge website / docs.html

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge website / docs.html
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:23:49 +0200

Le 13/08/2014 12:46, c. a écrit :
the list used internally by pkg.m is here:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/list_packages.php

be aware that this is not a static text file it is generated
by a server-side script by iterating over all directories containing
html docs.

It seems a little unnatural to me to require that the whole OF website has been built to be able to get something as "primitive" as the list of all Octave packages...

Especially since I'm looking for a way to _build_ the website... If the website is lost, then I cannot get the package list... so how I can I rebuild the website ?

It would make more sense to me to have a STATIC list of packages somewhere (perhaps on a Mercurial repo on SF, together with all the other admin scripts that are used to build the website ?) that could be used to build the website, and also uploaded as octave.sourceforge.net/list_packages.txt (for instance) for use from pkg.

Does that make sense to you ?