Re: Octave-Forge website / Sample code for embedding octave ?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge website / Sample code for embedding octave ?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:18:33 +0100

On 12 August 2014 07:48, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The "Documentation" page on OF has a link to a "Sample code for embedding
> octave":
>
>     http://octave.sourceforge.net/octave_embed.tar.gz
>
> This tarball is quite old (2003) and doesn't seem to be up-to-date (see how
> make fails in attached log).
>
> On the other hand, the manual has a page dedicated to this topic:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html
>
> so I don't know if there's any use for such a tarball anymore.

Thank you. I removed this. I have also removed some more entries from
this page which you can also notice in the project-web repository.

I'm unsure about "Da Coda al Fine". It has mostly been superseded by
the Octave core manual but it's approach is more of a hands-on lesson
rather than a reference. Maybe it could be adapted to go into the
manual as well.

Carnë