Re: Octsympy-0.1.0, symbolic package

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: Octsympy-0.1.0, symbolic package
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:40:59 +0100

On 28/08/14 01:26, Ben Abbott wrote:
> I'm happy to try some tests on Mac OSX.  I can confirm that I'm
> able to install OctSymPy 0.1.0 running Octave 3.8.2 on Mac OS
> 10.9.4.
>
> I ran the test suite.
>
> ***** Ran all tests, 250.122 seconds (208.481s CPU) *****
>
> There were several expected failures, but I didn't notice any other
> failures.

Thanks Ben!  The tests should get a bit quieter w/ future versions of
sympy.  Perhaps I should comment a few known failures out until then.

Did the unicode pretty print work on Mac?  Compare:

>> syms x
>> A = sin(x/2)
>> disp(A)
>> disp(A, 'ascii')

It does not appear to work for me on Windows 3.8.2 MXE GUI.  I think
even the editor cannot display utf-8 .m files properly (could be a
local font problem I suppose).  Perhaps that's an Octave bug.

thanks,
Colin