Re: Error with test script

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Error with test script
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 11:55:12 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Rik <address@hidden>
>Cc: address@hidden
>Date: 2014/8/31, Sun 11:23
>Subject: Re: Error with test script
>

>On 08/29/2014 11:58 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>
>Subject:  Octave becoming too MATLAB compatible ?
>>From:  Ulf Griesmann <address@hidden>
>>Date:  08/29/2014 01:21 PM
>>To:address@hidden
>>Message:  2
>>

>>I am sure the following script used to work in Octave:
>>
>>-----------------------
>># test script
>>say_hello;
>>
>>function say_hello
>>    fprintf('Hello !\n');
>>endfunction
>>-------------------------
>>
>>Now I get the following error in both 3.8.2 and the development
        version:

>>octave:1> testscript
>>error: 'say_hello' undefined near line 5 column 1
>>error: called from:
>>error:   /home/ulfg/Octave/testscript.m at line 5, column 1
>>octave:1>
>>
>>I don't know if this is a bug or intentional.
>I don't think this was ever legal in Octave.  I just tested with
    versions 3.2.4, 3.4.3, 3.6.4, 3.8.0 and they all give the same error
    as with 3.8.2.

>--Rik

Octave manual
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Script-Files.html#Script-Files

clearly says that a script file with function for example
may be written as:

# Prevent Octave from thinking that this
# is a function file:

1;

# Define function one:

function one ()