Re: Octconf code sprint

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Octconf code sprint
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:26:16 -0700

On 09/02/2014 06:09 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: OctConf code sprint
From:
Carnë Draug <address@hidden>
Date:
09/02/2014 06:09 AM
To:
Rik <address@hidden>
CC:
Octave Maintainers <address@hidden>
Message:
9

On 27 August 2014 17:47, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> 8/27/14
>
> All,
>
> Not everyone can attend Octconf 2014, but I think we should reach out and
> have a bit of a virtual conference to share the camaraderie.
>
> I propose that we devote the Sunday afternoon session (9/21, starting 1
> p.m. EST) to a code sprint.  With a fixed time, and announcements on the
> mailing lists, I think we can get a fair number of people to join us on
> IRC.  My reasoning for the time is that a weekend day will be better for
> those with regular employment and that 1 p.m. EST can accommodate both
> coders on the West coast of N. America (10 a.m. local) and Western Europe
> (7 p.m. local).  Saturday has a microbrew tour of Montreal so I don't want
> to have a session then that might go late.
Will you announce this on the help mailing list? I can do it on Octave
pages of Facebook and G+. These days, we'll probably need to add a
link about how to set up IRC as well and join #octave.
Yes, I was going to announce it on the maintainers and help lists.  Probably 3 times since repetition is key.  What link do you suggest for an intro to IRC?

Also, do we have a theme for the code sprint?  Or do we want to follow the unconference protocols and just decide on that Sunday?

--Rik