Re: generate_html: "docbrowser" style ?

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: generate_html: "docbrowser" style ?
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 18:39:47 +0200

Le 07/09/2014 16:37, Søren Hauberg a écrit :
Den 07-09-2014 kl. 15:55 skrev Julien Bect:
Still doing some cleaning in the generate_html package, I just noticed
that there is a "docbrowser" style in get_html_options ().

The help text simply says : "Design corresponding to the pages in the
documentation browser", but which "documentation browser" is that ?

I can find no other mention of this style elsewhere in the package, and
I don't know where to find the corresponding doc.css file.

As I recall (it's been a while, though), John Swensen had a documentation browser in his GUI, which used this style. I have yet to use the current Octave IDE, so I don't know if that uses this type of HTML documentation. It could very well be that this style is no longer used by anybody.

Thank you Søren for your answer. If I understand correctly, the GUI you're talking about is not the official Octave GUI, but this one:

http://sourceforge.net/p/octavede/wiki/Home/

which doesn't seem to be actively maintained since 2011 (and the latest release goes back to 2009).

If the "docbrowser" style isn't directly used either by the GNU Octave project or by the Octave-Forge project, I would vote for removing it from the generate_html package.

Rationale : external projects that use their own options structure can maintain it in their own source tree.

Would it be a problem for anyone if I removed the "docbrowser" style from the generate_html package ?

@++
Julien