Re: Hope to help GUI translation work

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Hope to help GUI translation work
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:34:11 +0200

Am 09.09.2014 18:36, schrieb Guo Yunhe:
> Hi, I am a student who often use GNU Octave in study. I like the GUI feature
> but I found some translation errors in Chinese. I used to translate documents
> for openSUSE project and have skills of hg and svn. Hope to do something
> helpful for the project.

We use linguist-qt4 for the translations. You can clone the hg repo and
checkout the gui-release branch. The translation files are in
libgui/languages. You'll also find a file "translators" and I think it's
a good idea to contact the author of the current translation and ask him
how you could work together. Perhaps you have to run "lupdate -recursive
src qterminal -ts languages/zh_CN.ts" to update your specific ts.

After your changes create a patch (this might be helpful:
http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/how-to-write-a-patch-for-octave/)
and upload it to the patch tracker on savannah.

Andy