README file is out-of-date

From: Hrishikesh Bakshi
Subject: README file is out-of-date
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 00:34:02 -0400

Hi all,
The README file claims: "The file BUGS explains the recommended
procedure for reporting bugs or contributing patches." There is no
such file in the repository. May be we could information from:
http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/how-to-write-a-patch-for-octave/
?

Also, the INSTALL file is in the directory 'gnulib-hg/doc'. The README
file mentions the INSTALL file but doesn't specify this path.

I just started using octave and hope to contribute to the development.
Hrishi