Re: Warning from libgomp during make check

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Warning from libgomp during make check
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:08:17 -0400

On 09/26/2014 08:52 PM, Rik wrote:
On 09/26/2014 12:43 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

I also think it might be useful to allow setenv (name, "") as it is
now. There might be reasons to want to set an empty value rather than
delete a variable. When I added that cleanup, I wasn't thinking that
it would delete the variable, but that it would set it to an empty
string (which it does) and that OpenMP wouldn't care (but it does).

If I understand correctly, setenv (name, "") does remove the variable from the environment on Windows systems.

My suggestion would still preserve this.  The two-input form of setenv
would remain exactly the same.  It would only be the one argument form,
setenv (name), which today expands to setenv (name, "") that would change.
I would have it expand to unsetenv (name) instead.

If you do that, you'll make Octave's setenv incompatible with Matlab since it is documented that setenv (name) is exactly equivlent to setenv (name, '').

Is the gnulib unsetenv function portable to Windows?