Re: classdef or @class in C++

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: classdef or @class in C++
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:27:15 -0400

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

anyone knows how to create a new class (not an octave type), as if it
was a @class or classdef, directly from C++? Is this even possible? I
don't think we even have a case in core or OF packages where this is
done (in cases where this would be needed, we have m file wrappers
around the oct functions - like @ftp) .

I suppose it is possible to write a classdef in C++, because that's what is being done for meta.* classes in ov-classdef.cc, but that would require to dive into the internals of ov-classdef.cc and there's no API to support it.

Michael.