Re: Failed: Hydra job gnu:octave-default:coverage on x86_64-linux

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Failed: Hydra job gnu:octave-default:coverage on x86_64-linux
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:19:43 -0400

On 10/19/2014 12:58 PM, Pantxo Diribarne wrote:
Sorry Andreas, I hadn't seen your reply.

Ok, I see now that both plot-*properties.texi and  genpropdoc.m are
distributed, which shouldn't happen as the latter is meant to build the
firsts.

I mainly followed images.mk example where both built images and the
original scripts (e.g. voronoi.eps and geometryimages.m) are distributed.

I think you are right that distributing .texi files should be enough, so
my last changeset should be backed out and I should remove genpropdoc.m
as a dependency for plot-*properties.texi.

A drawback is that modifying genpropdoc.m (which I hope will happen
often :-) won't trigger a rebuild of the doc any more.

What should I do?

I'm not sure what the solution is, but the goal is to allow building from a tarball release without requiring building the documentation. However, tools for rebuilding everything should be included in the tarball release so that users are able to modify the documentation or the sources and have everything rebuilt automatically.