Re: OctSymPy v0.1.1 release

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: OctSymPy v0.1.1 release
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:36:07 +0100

On 24/10/14 00:06, Carnë Draug wrote:
> Would you be interested on having this released as an Octave Forge package?

Yes, definitely.

I just checked and it seems to be no problem to have "octsympy" and
the old "symbolic" package installed.  Although loading them both must
be a bit unpredictable.

A thought on logistics for doing so:

For GNU/Linux or Mac systems, it works as a standard package.  Same
for Windows if you have Python and SymPy installed.

But I've also been making packages for windows which include bundled
SymPy and a Python binary (.exe file) so that it has no deps.  The
build system for this is just a script and is not integrated into my
Makefile.  Maybe this will not work as Octave Forge?

Colin