Re: debuging plot

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: debuging plot
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:05:44 +0100

On 11/4/2014 7:54 PM, CdeMills wrote:
marco atzeri-2 wrote
I guess you need to extract the data to plot from the dataframe
plot can handle double but not a dataframe.

Trying with octave-dataframe    1.0.0-1

Hello Marco,

thanks for your kind reply. Dataframe objects try to mimic vector and
matrix. Starting from the previous example,
plot(t, x(:, 1))
will work as expected, yet both inputs are dataframe objects. Both are
vectors, and values are converted automatically.

The issue is on 'plot(t, x)': the vector versus matrix paradigm fails. The
version in octave-dataframe-1.0.0-1 will fail early, as there is some bug in
dataframe "bsxfun" implementation. Having solved this bug on the SF
repository, I would like to go further and fix this issue with plotting.

Try with
debug_on_error (1)

so at the plot error you will be in debug mode where the error
was raised.

Regards

Pascal