Re: Octave on Yosemite

From: Eugenio Gianniti
Subject: Re: Octave on Yosemite
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 09:32:27 +0000

On 10 Nov 2014, at 10:10, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

On 9 Nov 2014, at 23:43, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

Carlo,

I'm struggling to build Octave since switching to Yosemite.  I tried the macport Octave-3.8.2, but it cashes crashes when exiting octave.

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type octave_interrupt_exception
panic: Abort trap: 6 -- stopping myself...

Does the happen for you as well?

Any chance you have a build script that works on Yosemite?

Ben

Ben,

Sorry I haven't upgraded to Yosemite yet, so I do not have direct experience with this issue.
From experience with the previous upgrade from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, I would recommend
reinstalling all macports packages after the upgrade, as I recall that having some leftovers
from the previos version created some problems for me.
I am not sure this is really relevant here though.

c.

I have upgraded to Yosemite, and I use Homebrew for dependencies. At first I tried to reinstall all of them, remembering the upgrade to Mavericks, but  still couldn’t build. Then I applied the patch proposed in [1] and succeeded, without changing build script. An important glitch is that the Octave I built from source refuses to launch the GUI, but probably this is a problem of mine.

Eugenio

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?43562