Re: discuss the odepkg package update for octave 4.1

From: c.
Subject: Re: discuss the odepkg package update for octave 4.1
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:46:13 +0100

On 13 Nov 2014, at 15:16, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

Doug,

>  When this is working then should we keep it as a pkg or move it to Octave
> core?

I forgot to answer to this specific point. The plan is to move to core only a
subset
of odepkg, i.e. only the most common ode solvers that the average matlab users
expect
to be available, as far as I can tell this reduces to the following solvers:

ode45
ode23
ode23s
ode15s

and a small set of utilities including at least

odeset
odeget
odeplot

and, as far as I can remember, none of those needs any fortran file.

c.