Re: Compiler warnings from deprecated Array<> constructor calls

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Compiler warnings from deprecated Array<> constructor calls
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:25:18 -0800 (PST)

siko1056 wrote

> Philip Nienhuis wrote
>>
>> Rik-4 wrote
>>> I just checked in Philipp Kutin's change which fixes the errors when
>>> '--without-qrupdate' is used during configure and the alternate routines
>>> are used in Octave
>>> (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d47e50953abc).
>>>
>>> It might be worth updating to d47e50953abc as that will also get you
>>> some
>>> changes that Kai made in cset 19329:1f4455ff2329 that also fix problems
>>> related to the deprecation of these old methods.
>> @Rik: was this addressing my other post
>> "no matching function for call to 'Array&lt;std::complex&lt;double&gt;
>> >::Array(octave_idx_type&, int)'"
>> ?
>>
>> I just updated to "3a2a0b72b91b tip @  Swap row vector........" & tried
>> again - no luck. The exact same errors relating to complex double appear.
>>
>> FYI, my system is stock Mageia-4 Linux 64b with all updates. In fact I've
>> upgraded my desktop's HW and SW the last weeks and today I finally got
>> time for a first attempt to build Octave on Linux.
>>
>> Philip
> I replaced all constructors in this changeset
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/fcd9e1198847. Does it work for
> you?

Thanks, I'll have another try and report back soon.

In the mean time I checked config.log to see if there's a mix-up of x86_64
and i586 libs, butno issues there.
AFAICS only a 32-bit python 2.7 was picked up
(--with-python-dir=/lib/python2.7 rather than lib64/python2.7). Same holds
for 3.9.0+ and stable and the test suite runs fine there (save imwrite.m but
graphicsmagick seems to have issues).  I didn't see a python flag mentioned
in "configure --help" but it's good to know :-)

Philip