Re: Compiler warnings from deprecated Array<> constructor calls

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Compiler warnings from deprecated Array<> constructor calls
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:19:11 -0800 (PST)

Rik-4 wrote
> On 11/22/2014 01:04 AM,

> octave-maintainers-request@

>  wrote:
>> Re: Compiler warnings from deprecated Array<> constructor calls
>> From:
>> Philip Nienhuis &lt;

> address@hidden

> &gt;
>> Date:
>> 11/22/2014 12:57 AM

> octave-maintainers@

> octave-maintainers@

> &gt;
>> <

> address@hidden

>> <

> address@hidden

>> <

> address@hidden

> address@hidden

> address@hidden

>> Message:
>> 9
>>

>> Philip Nienhuis wrote

>> No luck :-(
>>
>> The error messages are attached; the errors occur in
>> liboctave/array/dNDArray.cc.
>>
>> I can't rule out that something is wrong in my box; but it is intriguing
>> that up till cs 346b20b2c2ff  ("gendocprop...." it all worked fine.
>>
>> Philip
>>
>> ComplexNDArray.err
>> &lt;http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4667426/ComplexNDArray.err&gt;
>>

> Philip,
>
> It's nothing wrong with your box, in fact you're testing is exposing some
> good issues that we would have missed.  The issue in bug #43646 is that
> you
> were compiling without the qrupdate library and Octave was falling back on

In fact that was Philipp Kutin :-)   (we do not even share the exact same
name, but I think it's easy to get confused anyway; no problems!  :-) )

> routines that hardly ever get exercised.  I looked through the errors you
> posted and the issue this time is that you are not using the FFTW library,
> and again are falling back on routines that hardly ever get used.  If I

That suggests that we may have to switch off other libs too, to find out if
any other rarely used code parts got hit by Carnë's changeset.
Hmmmm...

Anyway, your cset works:

  PASS     12623
  FAIL         8
  XFAIL        9
  SKIPPED     48

(6 fails are due to local problems with graphicsmagick, I had to uncomment
the tests in imread.m / imwrite.m, and in hgsave.m and copyobj.m)

Thank you very much for the fix!

Philip