Re: Octave on Yosemite via Fink

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Octave on Yosemite via Fink
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:09:32 -0600

Ben,
On Nov 26, 2014, at 6:02 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 26, 2014, at 7:02 PM, Marius Schamschula <address@hidden> wrote:

Ben,

On Nov 26, 2014, at 3:45 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

I’ve managed to build Octave on Yosemite using Fink for dependencies. I essentially copied the process developed by Alexander Hansen who maintains Octave for Fink.

For those interested, I’m attached two scripts. One is needed to patch Octave (a link to the patch is found in the patch script), and the second is needed to build.

To manage a build,

(1) fink install bison
(2) fink install octave-atlas-qtmac-dev
(3) From the Octave’s build directory (you’ll need to clone the sources)
(4) run patch_octave.sh
(5) run configure_octave.sh
(6) make
(7) ./run_octave

Don't run the install as it will install into Fink's directory structure.

Ben

<patch_octave.sh><configure_octave.sh>

I adapted the Fink patches to MacPorts, and now I no longer see the Abort Trap 6 crash when exiting.

Great.  So far I haven’t been successful with adapting them to macports.

Can you attached the scripts you used?

Ben

Here are the patches:

Note: I edited the libcxx patch, rather than using a different patch strip number.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula