Re: odepkg: odeset profile tests

From: Jacopo Corno
Subject: Re: odepkg: odeset profile tests
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 09:34:45 +0100

On 03/12/2014 16:45, Doug Stewart wrote:

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:
Doug,

Thank you very much for this!

On 3 Dec 2014, at 15:24, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1)  There are hundreds of changes to this file. do you want it as a big hg changset???
that would be great, if it is too complicated just sending the modified file would also do.
Jacopo will then take care of merging that in the repo.

> 2)  3 dots (...)  are used for line continuation, is this still the way we do it?
yes, we used to have backslash too, but that is deprecated.

when the line is broken between parentheses no continuation is needed,
unless the parentheses indicate a vector, in which case a new line is equivalent
to a semicolon (end of row), so to break a line whithout ending the row one needs to
use '...'

> Doug
c.

Here is a patch that fixes the style but I haven't removed any comments yet.

It will take a while to read each comment and see if it is good or bad.
I like lots of comments so I might not be the best person to do this. I understand
 that some of the comments are redundant and should be removed. But I also find
that when trying to help debugging some reported bugs, I find the lack of comments
are big hindrance to my progress.

ode23.m still passes all tests for me.

Dear Doug,

unfortunately the ode23 file you modified is the old version present in odepkg (version 0.8.4 I believe) and not the current version modified by Roberto last year that is present on his repository [1].

Nevertheless a lot of you changes are still valid and I will apply them to the current version of the solver. So thanks for your help.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/robs88/octave-odepkg

Best regards,
Jacopo
--