Re: [MXE MinGW] miscompiled gcc for --enable64?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: [MXE MinGW] miscompiled gcc for --enable64?
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 16:03:25 -0800 (PST)

Philip Nienhuis wrote
> With a cross-built mxe-octave with 64-bit indexing (--enable64), building
> OF packages fails because g++, gcc and c++ all bail out with the message:
>
> "C:\Programs\.....\bin\g++.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
> (of course, similarly for c++.exe and gcc.exe)
> <snip>

Backing out the updates to mingw-3.3.0 (b90033378759  & gcc 4.9.2
(eba1c6e9cbb8) made no difference.
I made a build on my other build box (using the "old" mxe-octave of late
October) and transplanted it to the "failing" box: again, no difference.

On that other box a cross-build with a fresh mxe-octave tip (8657bb199f09)
is running; when that is finished (hopefully tomorrow morning) I'll reboot
it into Win7 and try the builds made on the "failing" box.

Update:
Begins to look like a tar / gzip error.
Copying the offending c++.exe etc. verbatim from the Linux cross-build box
to Windows into some subdir and adding a few required .dlls (libstc++6.dll,
libiconv-2.dll and libgcc_s_seh-1.dll, allow me to run them w/o start
errors.

So perhaps making a .tgz archive isn't the best solution for mxe-octave
cross-builds for Windows.

Philip