Re: winqueryreg.m

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: winqueryreg.m
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 15:05:22 -0500

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Xiangrui Li <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Octave developers,

I noticed winqueryreg.m is missing in Octave, and realize I can implement it to some extent.

Attached is the code which does the similar to Matlab's winqueryreg.m, and maybe a little better.

Since this is my first contribution to Octave, and I don't see I will contribute more in the near future, so I did not study the format or style of Octave file.

Due the limited resource, I tested it only on limited number of machines. So probably more test is needed for it.

If anyone likes to modify it, please do so. If anyone has suggestion to improve it, please let me know.

There was already win32_ReadRegistry in the Windows package [1]. Maybe you could implement winqueryreg on top of the existing function; or rename and adapt the existing function, and reimplement win32_ReadRegistry on top of winqueryreg for backward compatibility.

Michael.

[1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/windows/function/win32_ReadRegistry.html