Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Workaround for Bug #33180 in package generate_html
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 23:02:44 +0000

On 13 December 2014 at 18:06, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
> Le 06/12/2014 07:57, Søren Hauberg a écrit :
>>
>> Den 05-12-2014 kl. 18:44 skrev Andreas Weber:
>>>
>>> Can we change html_help_text.m:get:output to check if the current
>>> graphics_toolkit supports printing invisible figures (like gnuplot,
>>> ...?) and only call "set (0, "defaultfigurevisible", "off");" in these
>>> cases?
>>
>> Makes sense, so by all means go ahead :-)
>

> Andreas,
>
> I have made an attempt on my clone of generate_html:
> http://sourceforge.net/u/jbect/generate_html/ci/408fd8ce2868ba14e452327f0c1ba3b87d5c9d76
>
> Is it what you meant ?
>
> Carnë,
>
> You might consider pulling the six latest commits from my clone of
> generate_html (various improvements and some more code cleaning).

I have pushed your changes to the official clone of the repo.  I am not its
author and am not familiar with its details so I'm just trusting you.

> Also, I would (again) suggest a 0.1.7 release of generate_html to stop the
> proliferation of broken links (that still plague the recent releases of io,
> dataframe and optics, for instance). Tell me if there's anything I can do to
> help.

If you believe the package is ready for a release, please make one.  I guess
that at the moment you're the best person to make such decision.  I have
recently updated the release instructions on the Octave Forge website [1].

Carnë

[1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html