Re: GUI editor

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: GUI editor
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:47:02 +0100

On 18.12.2014 21:21, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I have been using octave 4.1.0+ . I find that when you shut down octave,
> but have an unsaved file in the editor, then an option box pops up and
> you are given two options.
>
> 1) Close without Saving
> 2) Save
>
> While this Box is showing, you cannot do anything else in Octave.
>
> I would like the option of seeing the unsaved file --- to decide if it
> really needs saving, or not.
>
> One way to do this would be to add a 3rd option.
> 3) Cancel
>
> This would put you back in a running octave environment and allow you to
> keep working, or look at the files, etc.
>

> Doug Stewart

I have added the possibility to cancel exiting octave (changeset
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ed0df431631b in
gui-release). But this only works if the exit request came from the gui
(Alt+F4, Ctrl+Q, ...). If you type 'exit' into the console window the
behavior is not changed, since otherwise the octave-thread is exiting
and closing the gui might be canceled by the user. I think this would
not make much sense.

Would it be possible to handle the exit-command of octave in a special
way when the gui is running? The command would have to signal a
close-request to the gui. Closing the whole application is then handled
by the gui as if the request came from the gui.

Torsten