Re: wstate cleanup

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: wstate cleanup
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:18:27 -0500

On 12/22/2014 05:25 PM, Rik wrote:

My bad.  The warning function has always returned a structure.  The
cleanup you propose is definitely correct.

Yeah, but the warning (struct) feature isn't working correctly. It should merge the struct contents with the existing warning states, not completely replace them. And I also noticed that the warning function should probably restrict the values of the state to be valid ("on", "off", "error"). And warning with no inputs or requested outputs should just print the warning state, not return a struct.

So many nits, so little time.

I'll try to take a look at these issues one at at time and separately from the bigger error_state change.