Re: MXE: "undefined reference to `mxArray::mxArray(mxClassID, long long,

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: MXE: "undefined reference to `mxArray::mxArray(mxClassID, long long, long long, mxComplexity)"
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:05:57 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 12/29/2014 06:34 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
Philip Nienhuis wrote

<snip>

After a bit of trial and error I found that it is this changeset from
Rik:

1085a65e9b9b gui-release    (build: Don't install mxarray.in.h (bug
#43805))

I'm not sure which changeset(s) you are saying affected this many files.
  Is there a single changeset that touched that many files?  Precisely
which one did that?

The one immediately above.

When you saw the message about all those files
changing, were you switching from one branch to another?

Yes, see below.

 Can you
provide a recipe for duplicating that message?

I did essentially this (watch out for line wrap):

hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave -b gui-release -r 1572b5276b9a

hg -v pull   ## turned out I needed this to update to later changesets

hg -v update -r 50d4fd16fb3a       ## in branch default

hg -v update -r 1085a65e9b9b       ## in branch gui-release

Based on changeset contents I counted all changed files between the maintenance merges stable => gui-release => default and the last changeset I updated to (1085a65e9b9b), were in the order of 40.

But now I realize that is way too naive :-). "Maintenance merges" do not guarantee identical branches; branch default can indeed be that "far away" (> 900 in terms of changed files) from gui-release.

So this part of my post is indeed a false alarm.  Apologies for that.

Philip