Re: Conflicting start-up options: --eval and script.m

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Conflicting start-up options: --eval and script.m
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 10:41:06 -0500

On 01/04/2015 04:49 AM, Andreas Weber wrote:
Am 04.01.2015 um 04:11 schrieb Rik:

Afterwards stdin is read (always, not only with persist) and executed.

That should only happen if stdin is not connected to a tty (i.e., not interactive mode). Otherwise a command like

  octave -q -f script.m

won't exit at the end of the script but will instead go on to the octave prompt. Probably not the behavior you expect or want. If it is, then you need to use --persist.

Or, we can just leave things as they are now, and if you want to continue reading from stdin after executing a script you have to use --persist whether interactive or not. Changing this behavior is not really important to me either.